Saturday, July 4, 2009

Time flies, and recent sleep troubles.

Time flies when you're having fun. It's weird how that works, but it really does go quick when you're enjoying yourself.

Today was my longest shift of work I've ever worked. But in all honesty it felt like the shortest. I hate my job and most of the days that I work seem to drag on and on, I'm always looking at the clock and wishing that it was all over and I could just go home. Today I didn't do that. I was working with one of my best friends, and I was surprised when he said that it was an hour before we had to close. I still thought we had like 3. I didn't mind doing all of the work I usually hate because I got to talk to him throughout the whole thing, and I didn't even realize that I was doing most of the work I was doing.

It makes you wonder a bit, if your dream job is supposed to be doing something that you love to do... could you do something you don't really enjoy with a little help from your friends and have just as good results? I don't think I would mind sticking with this job for a little while if I could work more nights like this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love sleep. But sometimes it leaves me feeling more exhausted than I started out. Not only when I get too much or too little, but last night I got 10 hours, which I believe is the recommended amount of sleep. I woke up unable to move, my body was so heavy and exhausted. My eyes were also heavy and it was all I could do to actually keep them open. I wonder sometimes if I toss and turn an excessive amount during the night. I don't understand how else I could feel so incredibly tired after sleeping. Whatever it is, I hope it stops because I'm still pretty tired and I want to sleep... for a good reason lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment