Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Purging my room.

I have so much stuff. It all accumulates in every nook and cranny in my room, it's absolutely everywhere. My room is easily cluttered and is pretty much always a disaster. Because I have all this junk. Now I am well aware that I really do not need most of what I have. Way too many clothes and shoes, random papers from God know what, pens and pencils coming out of my ears. I hate the fact that it makes me seem so materialistic... so why do I have all of these things? Sentimental value. >.<

There are some clothes that I have that I've owned since I was in the second grade. I can't get myself to get rid of them. Because they have such an important and yet unknown value to them. I would feel BAD for giving these things away. That goes for everything. I feel horrible for giving certain things away. Like these things would feel unloved if I were to sell them or hand them down. It's awful. Eventually I'll get over something enough to get rid of it, and then I'll forget about it... but it's hard for me to get to that point in the first place.

So imagine how difficult it is for me to have to get rid of things as part of my preparation for going away to college. It's already hard for me to accept that my childhood is basically over, having to look at all of the things that define that part of my life and wonder whether or not it should stay a part of my life or not.... it's a bit heart wrenching. I'll probably resort to putting most of it in boxes to store away or I'll keep it in my room at my house. It'll be so weird not to be around all of these things that I'm so used to seeing everyday.

At my dorm, most of what I'll have around me will be clothes, school supplies and some food. Nothing too special or interesting... but my wish for my side of the dorm is to make it look like my own anyways. Hopefully even without all the things that I usually had around me to remind me of those factors that define me, I'll still manage to make something to show that.

No comments:

Post a Comment