Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rest Assured.

Thinking back... I'm not exactly sure why I got a myspace in the first place. I know my friends told me I needed to get one, they were so cool and I just had to have one. The craze had swept the nation, and it was no surprise that millions of people felt the need to see what this "social networking" site was all about. So I did too, after weeks of asking my parents over and over if I could get one, and at first I too thought that this was the coolest thing since sliced bread... or whatever.

It's no secret that since then, myspace has lost its sparkle and excitement. Many people have grown so weary of checking their dormant pages that they've just stopped checking them completely or have even deleted them. I've grown just about to that point, and that's why I'm here today. The only reason I've kept my account for this long really is because of the blogs. I post them, and am blessed enough to have people who seem to enjoy reading them, and there are a few other people who post blogs there too that I like to read. And those blogs are the only reason my myspace survives.

Weird isn't it, crazes like that? It's like the people of the world have so much power over what can or can not be considered "cool" or "popular" but in the same sense, it's all so mindless and robotic. They don't have any real control at all, it's all spoon fed so easily. Who has the real power? Where does it all begin? It's all kind of confusing to me. What's worse is that there's a new trend out there... anti-conformity. Awesome.



I'm headed off to college this year, and one of the inevitable lessons I'm going to have to learn is the one where I begin to find out who I am in the "real world". I'm already starting to get that lesson rolling, and it's a bit of a surprising find. A rocky ride to be sure. But one that's sure to be worth it. I'm currently in an in between grey zone, between being a bit insecure about myself, and wanting to let loose and have fun. At times I feel like I'm getting myself into a place where I'm not going to know what to do with myself, that I'm going to be so run down and scared and I'm just not sure what to do... But at other times I feel like I could go out and take on the world no problem. I want to dance and sing in the streets.

With all of this up and down, it's starting to become easier for me to find out who my better friends are. It's pretty well known that your friends are there to help you out when things start to get rough, or you don't have any clue what you're going to do next in your life. I've been a bit oblivious to this fact lately. I've had a rough few weeks recently... ok maybe more than a few weeks, but regardless of how long it's really been, I have had a few people there to help me through it all... I'm not sure why I'm surprised about that, I have amazing friends and it's no shock that they would continue being amazing and help me through my toughest points. I was talking to one of these very great friends last night, and we both mentioned how hard it usually is to express gratitude, especially when you mean it more than anything in the world. That being mentioned, I have no idea how to express how extremely grateful I am that they would help me, when I never thought I deserved that. (Shout out to Erika, Jami and Tyler. You guys know what it's all about, and I don't know what I would do without you.)

I think now would be a good time to cease my writing for now. But rest assured, you'll be hearing a lot more from me. I'm hoping I'll have a good story to tell and an even better audience to tell it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment