Oblivion is my worst enemy on so many different levels.
I tend to miss a lot of what is going on around me. I'm a very particular observer I guess. But it's not really that I see what I want to see, I just get lost in my own little world, so wrapped up in my worries that I miss what life shows me from time to time. And I kick myself every time. I wish I could say that it's not my fault that I don't see what people want me to see... I wish there was something I could do about it.
You send me messages from across the room, your eyes carry a story, the emotion flows from your expression... and I can't see it. Why can't I see it?
At the same time, I'm sending messages to people too, but it seems like most of them get lost in transit. With all of my might I try and I try to will my thoughts forward, but my futile attempts just keep adding up. I'm not sure what else I need to do, how much more obvious I need to get, to show what I'm trying to show. Of course everything would be so much more easier if we could just scream it all out from the top of our lungs.
"I wanna scream 'I love you' from the top of my lungs... but I'm afraid someone else will hear me."
If we weren't all so oblivious of the things around us... we might, just might... actually be happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment