Wednesday, November 17, 2010

No more disappointment.

So I'm starting to realize that it's just not worth it to be disappointed about things anymore.

I made the choice a little to late to try out for cymbals this year. I will be the first to admit that I wasn't prepared and that I definitely did not deserve a spot. I'm not putting myself down, I'm stating the facts. I've been asked by several people who knew that cymbals was my first choice for this season if the outcome I got yesterday was disappointing or if I was bummed. Truthfully, I was. For about two minutes. I was given the news and was disappointed, I walked back into the room, told Tyler and then just sat and took it in.

But when the line was being announced and Anne and I were the ones announced for the vibraphone section, I immediately thought of it in an entirely different way.

It's been a year since I've been able to be on a music ensemble because of various issues I've been facing. And it's been killing me, not being around my people, not being able to do what I do best, feeling like I don't have a life anymore... But now I have the opportunity to be back and I'm amazed. I'm definitely lucky to have the chance to be back in such an amazing organization and I'm definitely thankful for it.

So I'm looking forward to this season. I'm not disappointed in the least bit, there's nothing to be disappointed about. I think I like to picture how things should be or how I would like them to be instead of just enjoying things as they are. No wonder I'm never satisfied. Well I'm definitely learning the right and wrong ways to go about life and be happy. And letting things disappoint me for extended periods of time is definitely the wrong way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment