Tuesday, November 23, 2010

1,000 Words.

If I could, I would wear a tutu every day. Perhaps I’d wear colorful socks to go with it. I’d never wear shoes unless I absolutely felt like it, but they would never be boring shoes maybe rain boots or ones that lit up. I’d wear bright red lipstick and glitter on my eyes all the time. My hair would be long and curly and bounce around as happy as could be. I would dance around as I pleased and wouldn’t care what people thought. I wouldn’t need confidence because I would simply be happy all the time. I would have lovely friends to have tea parties with and sit and laugh with and go swimming in the ocean and take pictures with. I would fall in love with a boy who longed for simplicity and we would get married and move to the country. We would be married in Colorado with only our families and very close friends in attendance. He would have dark hair that I would love running my fingers through. And I would love the ring he gave me because it would be simple and yet the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and I would never forget to wear it. I’d live in a simple little cottage with not too many rooms but enough to still be able to escape if I needed to. I would have a swing in a tree that stood fifty feet tall and would have leaves that turned thousands of colors in the fall. I would take up ballet again and I would dance in Swan Lake or the Nutcracker. And I wouldn’t be afraid to sing out loud sometimes, even though I knew my voice was quite terrible and no one would want to hear it. I would wish on shooting stars and close my eyes and pretend that I could fly. I would paint pictures on a canvas using nothing but my fingers. I would eat chocolate every day and drink tea every morning. I would have a huge bed with hundreds of pillows and one of those gigantic fluffy comforters that you can just get lost in. And I would cuddle every night falling deeper and deeper in love. And it would rain and it would snow and we’d jump in puddles or make snow angels, and the leaves would fall and we’d make piles to leap into, but we’d always save the very prettiest leaves to press into a book and keep forever. I would hang pictures on the wall full of memories and beauty and there would never be a blank spot. I would talk to someone new every day and we’d discuss music and literature and how lovely the weather has been lately. I would have five dogs, big dogs that would be as lovable as can be and would believe that they were actually lap dogs and would snuggle at night while I read. And I would learn to write songs and become amazing at playing the piano and people would beg me to write a song about them. If I ever felt upset I would go driving in my car for as long as the road would take me, singing every song on the radio on the top of my lungs and not really caring how fast I was going or what time it was. I would go to Disney Land at least once a year. I would challenge myself to become stronger and surprise people with what I could do. I would learn how to play every instrument in existence. I would train to run a marathon and find a new hobby I loved. I wouldn’t be afraid to tell him how I felt and we would never get tired of being with each other. He would learn how to cook because I would be awful at it and I would do all the baking. We wouldn’t have kids, but we’d be happy together, racking up the years, but never feeling less passionate. I would read all of Jane Austin’s books and I would write in a journal every night. And my best friend and I would talk every day about anything and everything we could think of and we would always meet once a week and go on adventures. I would never watch TV, but sometimes I would play video games if I really got bored. I would make mixed tapes for everyone I knew of all the songs that reminded me of them. I would be a favorite aunt to my sister’s three kids and I would always spoil them when they came to visit and on their birthdays and Christmas. I would travel the world for a year taking pictures of thousands of places so that everyone could see the real beauty of the earth and I would meet penguins in Antarctica and become their friends. I would never eat fast food, but I would eat really good pizza as often as I could. Sometimes I would let myself cry because I just needed to do it, because there are sad things in this world that are worth being cried for and he would hold my hand and tell me it’s all going to be ok. We would go on walks every night with our five dogs and say hello to all of the neighbors and end up standing at one particular house for an hour because we start to chat a bit. I would be a music teacher and he would be an engineer or a writer or a doctor. I would have colorful Christmas lights in every room every day of the year and those glow in the dark stars on the bedroom ceiling.  And sometimes, when I had too many thoughts in my head at a particular moment in time I would sit and I would type all of my thoughts until suddenly I realized that I had written over 1,000 words and I would post it in a blog hoping that people would read it and think it was wonderful. But I would only really hope that you would read it and think that I was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment