Saturday, December 4, 2010

Baking day.

So today was Christmas cookie baking day. My mom, sister and I always have a day at the beginning of December where all we do all day is bake and decorate cookies for the holidays. We make a TON and they last us all through December (well most of December anyways.) It's a lot of fun, we put on Christmas music, turn on the Christmas lights and even though there's no snow it starts to feel a bit more like the Christmas season. I've always had such a problem with the fact that it doesn't snow here.

My favorite part is always the decorating. Although I like cutting out the cookies, decorating is the time when I get to be a bit creative with the cookies. Our cookies usually turn out a bit odd, they definitely show our quirky styles. 
This is my sister and her carrot cookie. 

This is my L cookie, complete with my neon lime green frosting (my favorite color!)
Aaaand my <3 cookie. *shout out to my BFF*
After baking day, the kitchen is usually a complete disaster and the last thing my mom wants to do is cook dinner for us. So we ordered some Pei Wei (you can do it online, it's so bomb.) And my sister, the dog and I went to pick it up.
My kiddie teriyaki chicken meal, complete with starfish chopsticks. Yum.
Now we have plenty of cookies overflowing in our kitchen and I think I'm ready for the Christmas season finally.

I need to go Christmas shopping soon. I have a great idea for what to get all my friends, and I can't wait to put their gifts together. Only two more weeks of school left until Winter Break! I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment