So if any of you follow me on facebook, you might have noticed my latest status that said: "so. I've decided I'm gonna stick to photography as a major. AND I'm going to go to yoga school to become a yoga teacher. how does that sound?"
So my journey to get to that point was less than exciting, it actually started off with me freaking out about the classes I was going to have to take for my then physical therapy major. That's something else that I think I would love to do eventually, however, looking at the science classes that are involved in that major, I was not very confident that that was something I could do well in. Don't get me wrong, I really like science, but the math that goes along with them, and the fact that I'm struggling in my prep to chemistry class... well that raises a red flag to me.
That left me second guessing my choice in major (for, what is this? the tenth time now?) And frantically trying to figure out what to do. I went over to the NAU site (which is where I want to go eventually) looking through all of their majors, and only a few continued to stand out to me. The same few that always stand out to me: athletic training (physical therapy), music (music ed) and photography. Now, I was going with the physical therapy choice because it sounded like the smartest choice to make, as far as how much money I could make and job opportunities. The other two just weren't as stable. But considering I knew I wouldn't be happy with the athletic training I was definitely stuck.
Meanwhile, I was trying to figure out a schedule for myself at Pima for Spring 2011, based on the idea that I would take a bunch of classes that sounded interesting to me that could maybe eventually help me decide what I could major in. At one point I had a ballet class, a yoga class, a photography class, a meditation class, a journalism class and another fitness class. Ridiculous right? It probably would have been lots of fun but definitely would have gotten me nowhere. So I revised my schedule again... and again... and again....
And finally decided to go with photography. In the middle of trying to figure out a schedule that didn't sound like a blow off semester, I decided that I was going to just suck it up and major in photography. I would start with the associate of arts at Pima and somewhere down the road transfer to NAU. At NAU I would eventually find what I should concentrate my photography on, since NAU is career based with their photography and then I would go from there. Maybe I could do it. Maybe photography wouldn't be such a bad idea. And then I made my schedule for Spring 2011.
Online:
Writing 101
Math 142
Monday/Wednesday:
Art 100 10:30-12:45
Yoga 3:00-3:50
Tuesday/Thursday:
Art 110 9:30-11:45
Meditation 12:40-3:55
Friday:
Study Skills 10:00-12:05
It's still a fairly easy schedule, but it's getting things done.
And then I noticed something else. No matter what schedule I had conjured up, I always had yoga. I have learned to absolutely love yoga, and it's something that I want to be a huge part of my life always. It always makes me feel better, it makes me feel balanced and gives me confidence. I LOVE YOGA! So then I was thinking to myself, "I wonder what it would take to become a yoga teacher?" If I wanted to be an athletic trainer, then wouldn't yoga be similar in a way? And yoga is something that can definitely help people... now I want to be a yoga teacher!
So I think I'm going to do both. I'll have to wait a while for the yoga school, I definitely need to work on my own practice for a while longer so that I'm a little more bendy and know and understand more of the postures and poses. But that's definitely something I can be constantly working on, and especially if I can continue to take yoga classes at school and at the various yoga studios around town (anyone want to join me?) I can constantly learning about and perfecting my yoga, which in turn will help me when I want to go to yoga school. :)
Now that I seem to have my life planned out again, I'm excited for what lies ahead of me, but I definitely need to remember to keep focused on the present so that the future will be possible.
Off to clean. 24 days till Colorado.
No comments:
Post a Comment