Sunday, October 17, 2010

How to forgive, forget and let go.

"It took me a while to realize that I could actually check this off my list, that he didn't matter anymore and that I was free."


How I did it: As weird as this sounds I had to stop trying to forgive him, I had to stop trying to forget about him and I just need to live my life and let the process take care of itself. And it did, one day I thought about him and how glad I was that things didn't end up working out. I thought about him and I was ready to forget about him altogether. I was indifferent about him. And that's what I wanted. It was unreal to think that the same guy I thought I might be able to marry someday became the guy I could be ok never seeing again. And now it doesn't matter and I can move on.


Lessons & tips: Don't worry about it. Just go out and have fun with your friends. Plan your future goals. Decide what you want to be when you grow up. Go be single. Or not. It doesn't matter just as long as he/she doesn't matter.


Resources: My friends.


It took me 3 months.


It made me relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment