I hate the fact that my parents don't really believe in me to do anything above my usual action level. Like for instance when my mom said that if I cleaned parts of the house I could roadtrip to Colorado, she said that thinking she had the security of setting the level "high enough" that it would never happen. When she found out that I was actually going to work towards that goal, she basically laughed in my face. In about a month when I'm driving away from this dreaded place and off to a vacation she can't go on, maybe she'll second guess herself.
I also hate the fact that they don't think that I have any sense to think things through. No mom, I wasn't going to plan this big old first road trip alone without considering that it would cost me money and that I would have to plan it around school and such. I made a plan of action considering absolutely all of that. I even consulted with my grandparents (which is ultimately how she found out, but whatever.) I am perfectly capable to work hard to earn reward. I really want to go on a long road trip without my family, I really need to get out of Arizona for a while to save my sanity and I really want to go up to Colorado. Why wouldn't I work my ass off to be able to do so?
Well my goal is in sight and the work to get there is not particularly awful, with enough motivation and drive, November 10 will roll around and I'll be kissing AZ goodbye for a while. I'm looking forward to it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment