Sunday, April 25, 2010

Just the way I want to be.

I'm the kind of girl who would rather have espn on the TV in the background than MTV or VH1. I'm the kind of girl who would rather stay in and hang out *sober* than go out and party and drink. I'm the kind of girl who would rather wear gym shorts and a baggy t-shirt with slippers than dress up cute in fashionable clothes. I'm the kind of girl who would rather watch a funny movie that makes almost no sense than watch a chick flick or romance. I'm the kind of girl who would rather wear no makeup at all than make sure that every flaw is covered. I'm the kind of girl who would rather keep her nails clean and chewed short than always painted perfect. I'd rather get a natural tan by playing outside and swimming than fake bake or just sit pointlessly by the pool. I would rather let my hair frizz and wave naturally with no special products or even just pull it in a pony tail than cover it in product, blow dry it, straighten it or curl it to get it perfect. I would rather have an athletic, muscular build than the perfect model body.

Some girls would read this and think "she's hopeless". They might think that I'd never have any fun or that I must look horrible, or have no personality, maybe that I have no good friends, and no hope of a boyfriend. They're dead wrong. I'd never change the way I am, especially not to fit their standards. I have a wonderful life with wonderful people. I have plenty of fun. I'm not fake, I'm not plastic, I'm not a carbon copy of everyone else. And that's just the way I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment