Sunday, March 20, 2011

Three of the most important reasons.

Erika- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. You’re the best friend I’ve ever had. We’ve been through hell and back, and that's putting it lightly. We don’t see each other nearly as often as we should but I don’t think our friendship has dwindled one bit even with our very different lives. We always mention to each other how very few real friends we have right now, but it means more than the world to me that I can put you at the very top of that short list no matter who the others are every single time. It seems like every time we have our differences we end up stronger than before. I can’t believe it’s almost been 6 years. I’ve never had a best friend for 6 years before. One of these days we’ll have to thank Mrs. leingang for making me move on that bus that started it all.

Anne- you never cease to surprise me, and throughout the past 5 or so months nothing has surprised me more than how you constantly teach me things about myself through your effortless observations. I tend to doubt myself more often than not and every time you notice that you give me ways to look positively at myself that I had never known before. We have more in common than most people realize, and its always fun to see how people react when they do realize our quirky similarities. I only we could have learned about this much sooner. I want thank you for giving me reason to really believe in myself, instead of telling me that there are parts of me that are good, you point them out and smack me in the face with them. If I can be half as great as you make me sound to myself I’d be set for life.

Tyler- I consider you to be one of my best friends, I have for quite some time, and I’m not sure if I’ve done a good job of showing that. You have no idea how glad I am that we were bus buddies throughout this season, since I’ve missed you for over a year. I mentioned at one point that you "know me too well" you can always seem to read my emotions, you read me like an open book. It’s a good thing. You’re one of the only people I’ve never been afraid to show my true self to or tell my secrets to. You’ve helped me through a significant number of tough times and I can always count on you to never judge me. We definitely hang out more often, you never fail to put me in an absolutely great mood, no matter what kind of day I’m having. I feel extremely blessed to have you as a friend.

The first letters in each of your names in the order you’re in spells EAT. So every time I feel like skipping a meal because I don’t think I’m good enough, I’ll remember three of the most important reasons why I’m wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment