Monday, March 7, 2011

First steps: complain and worry less.

I know I worry too much.

I think it's based on a few things. I've seen what can happen to people who don't care enough... things start falling apart for them and they lose grasp of what their life was, they end up having no real control. I've also seen what happens to people who have other people worry for them. They get trapped in a bubble, isolated from the rest of the world and don't get to live their own lives.

I've been too caught up in trying to make my life perfect lately. After losing a small amount of control last semester, I needed to regain my authority in my life and I ended up making things worse. At the same time, I was able to get parts of my life back into gear, instead of letting them spiral out of my sight. Almost a win-lose situation.

And I know I complain too much.

It just sort of comes out without me thinking and I always regret it. I always feel bad about it and wish that I didn't as much as I do. It's annoying. It's connected to my worrying about everything.

Maybe I need more yoga.

But seriously, I need a way to chill out and stop being so tense over every little thing. I would love to have a carefree attitude instead of being the bitch. I'm looking up ways to stop worrying and one of the things that has popped up is to stop trying to save the world. I think I need to figure out the difference between saving the world and making a difference.

This week my goal is to complain less. Even if I've got issues internally, maybe if I cease to express every little discomfort and argument I have, it will help me to quiet the complaints inside me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment