Sunday, July 11, 2010

Will you come back again?

If it was all a dream then we really never could tell.
We danced and laughed and I thought it was real.
My feelings and emotions sure were.
And as they now lie shattered on the floor,
These songs just remind me of you.

All I can see is my future.
But again there's something missing.
And I know what it is, something I thought I had found.
All there's left to do is move forward.
I close my eyes and just listen to the music.

You changed my mind about so many things.
I never changed my mind about you.
But you did, and now I live in doubt.
It was you the entire time, my heart is battered.
They sing me softly to sleep.

When the world makes no more sense,
I try to make even less.
But when the world shatters in front of me,
All I can do is watch.
My heart dances "but not for joy."

"Dreams never die 
when we sleep 
beneath the open sky 
in the deep 
shades overhead 
of blue and red 
is this the end 
will you come back again?"





No comments:

Post a Comment