So I found my list of new years resolutions today that I wrote at the beginning of 2010. It wasn't a very long list, but even so I was surprised to see that I had already accomplished all but one of them. It was a very rewarding find, I definitely felt pretty good about how much of what I had wanted to succeed in at the beginning of the year I had actually done. What was even better was that I had not posted this list anywhere or set up reminders about anything I had written. In all honesty I wrote the list the night of New Years Eve and then completely forgot about it after that. Even so, I accomplished some of the things that I thought I would more easily blow off, and have been working on them more regularly than I thought I could.
I am a member of a website called 43 Things. It's basically a website where you can list some of the goals you would like to accomplish and keep track of those things throughout time. You can set up reminders, have people hold you accountable, cheer other people on and even explain how you accomplished things to better help others attempting to work on the same goals. I really like this website because it helps that feeling of accomplishment when you are able to record things you have succeeded in and have other people see what you can do. I've added more to my list now that I've seen that I'm very capable of meeting my goals, and hopefully this year will be a very successful one!
I especially want to start working on some new goals now that my life has recently gone through some changes I wasn't really expecting. Things that I thought would work out in the long run didn't and I feel the need to break out and be a little more free with myself now. I'm excited to try some new things and really push myself to live life more.
No comments:
Post a Comment