Ever since I was really little I have had an absolute love for books and reading. My mom has told me that there were times even before I could really read that I would shut myself in my room and surround myself with the small books I had and entertain myself for hours. When I could read I did often and there was a phase in my life when I would take a book with me whenever I got taken on boring errands and I would carry it around and read it while my parents did their errands. I used to keep books in the car too and read whenever we drove anywhere. I went through several chapter books a week in middle school sometimes. Even now when I don't have as much time as I used to to read, I love it.
I'm grateful for the time I'm finding so far in the summer. I've actually gone through and finished a few books, and it's been like old times, where I find myself unable to stop reading. I'm excited that I've been able to discover an old love and busy myself in a way.
I think part of the reason I love reading books is that for a while it takes me out of my own world and puts me in another, it takes away all my worries and thoughts and replaces them with the worries and thoughts of the characters. It's the perfect vacation sometimes especially when you can't really get away like you'd like to. I had forgotten how wonderful it really is to be able to pick a book and not really have to stress about anything for a while. Hopefully over the summer I can escape quite often and finish a few more books I've been hoping to get through.
No comments:
Post a Comment