Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer to do.

I'm making a to-do list for summer. I've gone through a week of nothing so far, and it's not like I haven't gotten anything done, but definitely not as much as I'd hoped. If anyone wants to help me stay on track, let me know :)

-Get my room cleaned out and organized. I have way too much stuff, and I hate that, I always have, but I've never been able to get rid of it all. Slowly but surely I've been getting rid of stuff, but it's not really enough. This time I really just need to clean out anything I can and although mentally that's going to be hard (I get way too sentimentally attached to things) in the long run it's going to make me feel so much better about everything. As for the organizing, I think that having less stuff to worry about will help my case so much. But especially with all the school I want to be doing and with everything that I want to accomplish over the summer and throughout the year, I really need to get all my shit together.

-Start eating right. I am so bad about this. I love junk food way too much and I love to bake, when I get stressed out about something, I go straight for a Dr. Pepper. So giving up junk food is going to be extremely tough for me, since that's basically what I resort to all the time. But I really need to stop eating so badly, it's really effecting my body, my mood, everything. I'm always so sluggish, my skin is getting pretty bad right now, I'm still managing to get sick all the time. If I wanna get fit and healthy I definitely need to start eating so that I can do so. My body definitely needs that. (This includes the goal of drinking more water. That will absolutely help me with everything.)

-Start working out. Weights, running, yoga/stretching, biking, swimming. It's all game this summer. I want to get super fit, especially for marching season. I've never been good with running, I want to be able to run a good amount without dying like I usually do, I want my stamina to be a lot better. I love swimming and I don't nearly do it as much as I'd like to, so I wanna swim laps as much as possible. I'm starting a yoga class soon, that should be fun, but even when I don't have that class, I want to start stretching every morning/night to regain some of the flexibility that I've lost. Weights obviously should help with my stamina in marching, I want to be stronger so I can play better and survive through visuals. Biking is in the hopes of getting my thighs to look good. That's probably the part of my body that I'm second most self conscience about so I want to fix that.

-Take summer classes at pima and start catching up. I don't know if I'm too late for this one, but even if I am, I want to do some sort of online teaching or something to help me with upcoming courses maybe buy some books for italian or math to start me getting prepared for classes I'll be taking in the fall. Hopefully I can get into summer classes and start getting my credits up. I want to not only catch up to where I should be, but also maybe surpass that and get ahead. If I can do that, maybe I can reach my goal of graduating a little earlier or maybe getting my two majors in, within a shorter amount of time. Either way, Pima here I come!

-Take more pictures. I don't just want to do photoshoots for this one. I have several photoshoots that I still want to get done, or finish, but really what I want to try to do more is just take my camera with me everywhere and shoot what I see. Hopefully with more traveling this summer I'll be able to take pictures of plenty of different places and people. I want to try to make a website with my pictures, or at least add some to my photobucket and facebook page.

-Find a church and start going. This is one that I've been working on, but haven't really had the courage to get to the next step. I've found a couple churches that I would like to check out but I haven't been brave enough to actually get to going. Hopefully that can change within summer.

So with that and some smaller goals that I should probably work on, I really hope that I can get plenty done this summer. I really want to accomplish some of my goals and help myself become a genuinely better person all around. We'll see what happens. Keep me on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment