I cannot believe how much STUFF I have accumulated throughout my life.
I've been going through my room getting rid of everything that I can because when I came home from the college dorms, I found that my room looked like something out of the show "Hoarding" or whatever it's called. I'm more of a pack rat than I thought I guess. It's absolutely ridiculous.
The good news is I've been able to get rid of a ton of stuff. I've managed to detach myself enough from some of the random crap I have stuffed away to where I won't miss it anymore. I have a very unhealthy tendency to get sentimentally attached to things, like I've mentioned before, and as a result of this I tend to feel guilty about throwing things away, or even just getting rid of them by donating or selling them. It's really weird but I have clothes that I wore in in the 3rd grade (that still fit how pathetic lol) that I can't get rid of because I feel like they have too much of a story behind them. Slowly but surely I seem to be getting over this feeling of being emotionally attached to random things.
But looking around my room right now I see that I still have a ways to go. Maybe it's just because not everything is organized quite yet and is scattered around my room waiting to find their places, but it still seems like I have way too much stuff. I know I have way to much stuff still. Even though I've managed to basically cut the amount of things I possess in half, I know I have more things than the average person my age probably has in their room. They're all small things, little random trinkets and things that I collect, but it's still pretty bad to me that it's all here.
However, I must say that after purging my room hugely the past few weeks, I feel a significant and definite weight lifted off of me. I was suffocating a bit, I didn't have a room of my own, it just felt like storage. I couldn't live in my room easily, and I'm absolutely tired of having to do the weird stepping over random stuff thing trying to get through my room. I'm ready to be done and organized. Soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment