Monday, September 14, 2009

Hero Syndrome/Wouldn't it be nice?

It's the need to always feel needed.

Today I realized that I am nobody's everything.

The world would keep turning, everyone would have someone to replace me with, as if I had never been there in the first place. I would be forgotten in no time. No big deal.

And I think that's my biggest issue. I have a subconcious need to be needed by somebody. That's why I always feel like I need to be in charge, why I feel lonely so much.

------------------------------------------------

Getting more and more tired over time, until finally it's no use trying to fight it. Falling asleep peacefully and not having to feel or think about anything anymore. Ever again. Sounds great doesn't it?

3 comments:

  1. I like you and you've inspired me plenty of times! I don't know, sometimes I think everyone feels like this, who knows if this is a good thing? I think it's good that you're not someone's everything though and I dont think it's common to be either - even between lovers. I think it's good to appreciate friends though but also yourself :) sometimes I have the same problem though. I have a cold actually so I just got up and left school and slept awhile because that's what I needed to do, even though I had some important obligations. Don't loose your health because what you are trying to succeed in WILL fall apart - something has to give...I don't know if that helped or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with Anne.
    Nobody is EVERYTHING to anybody. and being needed isnt always good. it means that your friends are in need. and wouldnt you prefer that they be okay? i know i would.
    when your friends need you, we know that you are there.
    but when we dont have pressing needs, we still WANT you around. and thats better than being needed, hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're crazy, and not in the good way.

    you're my everything, and if you left...well i don't know what i would do.

    so stop it!
    cuz i love you, and there are plenty of people who love you, want you, and need you.
    <3

    ReplyDelete