Friday, August 12, 2011

It’s Just Inconvenient.

There was this tweet today, (I know awful way to start a blog, but it’s the way this starts either way) and it caught my eye quicker than I think any tweet has ever done so before.

“The awkward moment when you get a crush on the most inconvenient person ever.”

I didn’t even have to do a double take, process it, nothing. It hit me like a slap in the face, it was the first thing that’s made sense in a while. Inconvenience. It’s not that it’s the wrong person altogether, it’s that at this point in time, it’s inconvenient. I’m sure that the person that wrote that totally meant it in a different way than I’ve taken it, but the light it’s shown on my situation has been priceless.

I’m not saying that time will make that fact that I like this person better, or that one day they’ll feel the same. But I don’t think that beating myself over liking someone that might not fit into the equation now is something I should be practicing often. Yeah, it still sucks, but it’s not my fault.

Weird blog post. Not my best. Just thoughts. K bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment