Monday, August 30, 2010

Clubs and running.

Not being in band makes me feel the absolute urgent need to become part of a club. Any sort of club that might fit my interests, a photography club, a christian club, a music club, a blogging club, whatever. So you can imagine how absolutely ecstatic I am about the club fair I will be attending later today. I'm really hoping that it's not a blowout and that there are really some decent clubs to be had at my school. And I fully intend on signing up for something, unless there are absolute no clubs that would hold my interests whatsoever. I need to not sign up for any leadership positions for anything though. That would not be a good thing right now.

It's weird how lonely not being in an organization of some sort can make you. Don't get me wrong I have lovely friends outside of organizations that I do enjoy being around and spending time with. But I've found it's much harder to spend time with your friends when you don't have to be around them for some sort of meeting or practice or trip or something. I made most of my friends through band. We had to go to school and class and practices together and through all of that time we bonded and became great friends. Other friends I lived with. I'm not sure I really have friends that I've just met by chance somewhere, exchanged contact information and worked to make a friendship. Weird. It's good that I can at least keep some of the friends I've made through band or dorms even though I'm not in those environments anymore.



I planned on getting up semi early tomorrow and going for a run. It's 1 am right now, so I'm not really sure that's going to happen anymore. I need to start training with my running if I ever plan on getting any good at it. Right now I'm not good at it at all. Maybe that's why I keep putting it off. Meh. I really do hate running. It makes me feel sick to my stomach and makes my lungs feel like they're going to explode. It's not a very pleasant feeling for me. But I want to learn how to run well so that those things don't happen anymore when I run and then maybe I won't hate it so much anymore and then running just won't be a big deal for me anymore. Heck, maybe I'll enjoy it. Maybe I'll still get up just a little earlier so I can start. We'll see how that goes for me.

Maybe I need to join a running club.

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of cool running clubs. Also, I feel obligated to say Kiwanis/Circle K are amazing clubs! What did you end up picking?

    ReplyDelete